lunes, 4 de noviembre de 2013

Entrevista a Molly Caraway


Dos alumnas de 4º de Secundaria de proyecto integrado, realizaron una entrevista a nuestra asistente de conversación, Molly Caraway. Contestó muy amablemente a las siguientes cuestiones:

 
  1. Where are you from?
I am from Burnsville, Minnesota. I was born in Minnesota, and have also lived in Jacksonville, Florida; Seattle, Washington; Missoula, Montana; and then back to Burnsville, Minnesota.
  1. Are you happy with your arrival at our school?
I am very happy with my first few weeks at school.
  1. What do you think about Cadiz?
Everyone is very friendly and I’m enjoying getting to know all of the students and teachers.
  1. What do you think about Cadiz?
Cadiz is beautiful. I am having fun exploring the city. I live near the stadium, so it is cool to see the differences between this part and the old city center.
  1. Why did you take the decision to come to Cadiz?
I decided to come to Spain to teach English because I love Spain, and I love Andalucía. I have heard very good things about Cadiz, and was excited to be placed at your school.
  1. Which do you like more Minnesota or Cadiz?
Minnesota and Cadiz are very different! There is no comparison between the two, but I like different things about both of them.
  1. Can you tell us about your hometown & Minnesota ?
My hometown, Burnsville, is about 20 minutes away from the big city, Minneapolis, and the capital city, Saint Paul. The population of Burnsville is about 60,300. The population of Minneapolis is 382,600, and the population of Saint Paul is about 285,000.
In Burnsville, we have a couple movie theaters, lots of restaurants, a ski area, lots of lakes, schools, and shopping centers.
In Minnesota, there are over 10,000 lakes! It also has the biggest shopping mall in the United States, called the Mall of America. In the Mall of America, there are over 525 stores, a movie theater, restaurants, and an amusement park.
  1. What do you like most about Minnesota? And about Cadiz?
Minnesota: Almost all of my family lives in Minnesota, including my aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents. I like spending time with my family. I also like that during the summer you can go out on the lakes, go swimming, fishing and do other water activities like water skiing. I like that in the winter there is snow, because I really like to ski.
Cadiz: I like that it is right next to the beach! It is a beautiful city and I feel very lucky to get to live here. I like the center, and all of the small, old streets, even though I get lost a lot!
  1. What type of music do you like?
I like all types of music, mainly pop, hip hop, country and jazz.
  1. What is your favourite group?
My favourite groups are Mumford and Sons, Macklemore, and Timeflies
  1. What Spanish cities have you visited?
I have visited a lot of Spanish cities, such as Sevilla, Malaga, Murcia, Valencia, Granada, Oviedo, Llanes, Vigo, Barcelona, Cordoba, Ronda, Nerja, Tarifa, Salamanca, Madrid and Toledo.
  1. Which one did you like the most?
I love Granada, and I also really liked Oviedo and Llanes, and Salamanca.
  1. What are your hobbies?
Some of my hobbies are taking pictures, traveling, reading, playing sports for fun like football, American football, tennis and volleyball, hanging out with my friends and family and cooking.
  1. What do you do at weekends?
On weekends I spend time with my friends, I like to explore the city, and go to the beach when it’s hot. I also love to travel, so some weekends I plan trips to visit other cities.
  1. In which college did you study? And what did you study?
I studied at the University of Montana, in Missoula, Montana. Montana is a state in the northwestern part of the United States. From my parents’ house in Burnsville, it takes 16 hours in the car to get to Missoula. At college I studied Spanish and History.
  1. Is it your first time in Spain?
This is my third time in Spain. In the spring of 2010, I studied in Granada for six months. Then last school year I was a language assistant at a high school in Algeciras, and then this year in Cadiz.
  1. Do you miss Minnesota?
Sometimes I miss Minnesota, but I am having a great time in Spain, learning a lot, meeting a lot of great people and getting to enjoy Spain.
  1. How long will you be in Cadiz?
I will be in Cadiz until June.
  1. Do you want to talk about something specific?
I am loving Cadiz, and I am very excited to keep getting to know all of you!


Entrevista realizada por Teresa Domínguez y María Martínez.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Contador de visitas